Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga Intensive
200H TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM/CONTINUING EDUCATION MODULE
JULY 13 AND 14, 2019
Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
MODULE FEE: PHP 15,000.00
The Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga module is a weekend intensive designed to give participants a basic yet thorough understanding of gross human anatomy and physiology in the context of yoga practice and teaching. Designed to be accessible to practitioners of all levels, the intensive is open to:
- practitioners who simply wish to deepen their practice through a solid understanding of human anatomy and physiology;
- practitioners who wish to complete a 200 hour yoga teacher training program in a flexible way; and
- yoga teachers who wish to build on their previous training and expand their knowledge through continuing education.
The module can be taken as an independent course or can be taken as part of a series of modules that builds up to a full 200 hour yoga teacher training program. By the end of the module, participants will:
- be able to read and understand basic anatomical texts;
- be able to identify the skeletal structures, joint movements, key musculature and connective tissues involved in the practice of yoga and use this knowledge to enhance safety and break through blocks; and
- be familiar with the most common benefits, contraindications and risks involved in a regular yoga practice and use this knowledge to avoid and/or address specific conditions and/or injuries.
The module’s tuition fee covers both the course materials and diploma. For questions or reservations, contact our Front Desk at +632.577.0345 or at +63917.577.0345.
ABOUT THE TEACHER: Eileen Tupaz is an experienced registered yoga teacher (E-RYT200) and the Co-Director of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio. Originally trained in the Ashtanga Vinyasa style, Eileen has since immersed herself in other styles and traditions out of her love for yoga and her belief that the practice becomes truly transformative when it’s tailored to the singular needs of the individual practitioner. She studied Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Clayton Horton, Editha Tobias, Jovan Nikolic, Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor; Purna Yoga with John Ogilvie and Michael Nazar; Restorative Yoga and Therapeutic Yoga with Leslie Kazadi; Yin Yoga with Victor Chng; Partner and Community Yoga with Ieva Wildlovebeamer; and anatomy with Dr. Ray Long. Eileen is well-known for her clear, systematic and often irreverent teaching style and her ability to convey abstract, complex or technical knowledge in a lucid and accessible manner. Her unique grounding in yoga styles with different anatomical emphases has given her a broad understanding of how yoga impacts the body anatomically and she uses that knowledge to help students perform yogasana more safely and effectively. Eileen has also served as the Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga lecturer in a number of 200 hour yoga teacher training programs held in the Philippines.