200H Weekend Yoga Teacher Training Program
JULY 13 TO SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
FULL PROGRAM FEE: PHP 135,000.00
EARLY BIRD FEE: PHP 120,000.00 (Due May 31, 2019)
INDIVIDUAL MODULE FEE: PHP 15,000.00
The White Space Wellness 200 Hour Weekend Yoga Teacher Training Program is a three-month course designed for yoga practitioners who wish to take their practice to a profoundly deeper level and for yoga teachers who wish to further their development through continuing education. Our modules can be taken as independent courses or can be taken as a series to complete a Yoga Alliance registered certification program. All modules are scheduled on weekends, allowing participants with full-time commitments to jobs or families to pursue their passion for yoga- and even share its gift with others.
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY. Gain a basic understanding of gross human anatomy and physiology and use this knowledge of joint movements, muscular efforts and stretching techniques to practice and teach yogasana safely and effectively.
- TECHNIQUES, TRAINING AND PRACTICE. Gain a thorough understanding of the major yogasanas in four separate modules and learn how to perform, teach and modify asanas to suit various abilities and needs while working with the subtleties of the breath and the bandhas.
- TEACHING METHODOLOGY. Learn how to create and hold the space needed to conduct a safe and effective yoga class, how to design logical and impactful class sequences, and how to plan and launch a successful yoga teaching career.
- PHILOSOPHY, LIFESTYLE AND ETHICS. Gain a basic understanding of yoga history, philosophy, tradition and ethics as well as the trends affecting the present and future practice of yoga.
- PRACTICUM. Learn how to observe and evaluate yoga classes, safely and effectively adjust and assist students, and gain confidence and skill in teaching actual yoga classes.
SCHEDULES AND RESERVATIONS:
|Anatomy and Physiology
||Jul. 13, 14
|Sun Salutations and Standing Poses
||Jul. 20, 21, 27, 28
|Forward Folds and Hip Openers
||Aug. 10, 11
|Back Bends and Twists
||Aug. 17, 18
|Arm Balances and Inversions
||Aug. 24, 25
||Sep. 7, 8, 14, 15
|Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
||Sep. 21, 22
All module sessions begin at 8:00 am and end at 6:00 pm and each module's fee covers the course materials and certificate. Participants who wish to reserve a slot in the full program are required to make a nonrefundable deposit of PHP15,000.00 which entitles them to free access to all of the studio's public yoga classes for the duration of the course. Tuition fees can also be paid on installment upon the studio's discretion. For questions or reservations, contact our Front Desk at +632.577.0345 or at +63917.577.0345.
Eileen Tupaz is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT500) and the Co-Director of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio. Originally trained in the Ashtanga Vinyasa style, Eileen has since immersed herself in other styles and traditions out of her love for yoga and her belief that the practice becomes truly transformative when it's tailored to the singular needs of the individual practitioner. Eileen studied Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Clayton Horton, Editha Tobias, Jovan Nikolic, Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor; Purna Yoga with John Ogilvie and Michael Nazar; Older Adult and Restorative Yoga with Leslie Kazadi; Yin Yoga with Victor Chng; Partner and Community Yoga with Ieva Wildlovebeamer; and anatomy with Dr. Ray Long. Eileen is well-known for her clear, systematic and often irreverent teaching style and her ability to convey abstract, complex or technical knowledge in a lucid and accessible manner.
Abbey Rivadelo is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200), Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) and the Co-Director of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio. Also originally trained in the Ashtanga Vinyasa style, Abbey has since studied and learned other yoga styles and traditions—and even other movement genres—out of her belief that yoga's transformational power is best unleashed when it's tailored to the unique preferences of the individual practitioner. Abbey studied Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Clayton Horton, Editha Tobias and Jovan Nikolic and Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga with Michelle Papa and Samantha Briatico. She takes inspiration from the work of Donna Farhi, Sadie Nardini and Shiva Rea. Abbey is well-known for her serene, nurturing and light-hearted approach to yoga and her focus on its more subtle emotional and energetic benefits.