100H Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga Teacher Training Program
JANUARY 14 TO 18 AND 21 TO 25, 2019
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
FULL PROGRAM FEE: PHP75,000.00
EARLY BIRD FEE: PHP67,500.00 (Due December 17, 2018)
VERY EARLY BIRD FEE: PHP60,000.00 (Due November 19, 2018)
The White Space Wellness 100 Hour Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga Teacher Training Program is a two-week Yoga Alliance registered certification course designed for yoga teachers who wish to support women undertaking the miraculous journey of pregnancy, childbirth and early motherhood through the specialized application of yoga.
Teaching prenatal and postpartum yoga classes can be one of the most rewarding experiences for yoga teachers, especially since such classes can greatly ease the physical, mental and emotional discomforts that accompany pregnancy and motherhood. By undertaking this course, trainees will be able to deliver customized prenatal and postpartum yoga classes or integrate pregnant and postpartum students into their regular classes.
Yoga teachers who complete this course can also credit its 100 hours as part of the White Space Wellness 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program.
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY. Gain a foundational understanding of prenatal and postpartum anatomy and physiology and use this knowledge to teach yoga in a manner that safely and effectively supports pregnant and postpartum women through the various stages of their journey.
- TECHNIQUES, TRAINING AND PRACTICE. Gain a thorough understanding of the major yogasanas appropriate for pregnant and postpartum students and learn how to perform, teach, modify and use props with these asanas to suit various abilities and needs while working with the subtleties of the breath.
- TEACHING METHODOLOGY. Learn how to create and hold the space needed to conduct safe and effective prenatal and postpartum yoga classes, how to design logical and impactful class sequences for various stages of pregnancy and early motherhood, and how to plan and launch a successful prenatal and postpartum yoga teaching career.
- PHILOSOPHY, LIFESTYLE AND ETHICS. Learn how yogic philosophical principles and practices such as pranayama and meditation can be integrated into prenatal and postpartum students' lives in order to create more ease and grace in their experience of pregnancy and early motherhood.
- PRACTICUM. Gain experience, confidence and skill in teaching actual yoga classes to pregnant and postpartum women in various stages of pregnancy and early motherhood.
All course sessions begin at 8:00 am and end at 5:00 pm. The program's tuition fee covers the course materials and certificate. Participants who wish to reserve a slot in the course are required to make a nonrefundable deposit of PHP15,000.00. The remainder of the tuition fee can be paid on installment upon the studio's discretion. For questions or reservations, contact our Front Desk at +632.577.0345 or at +63917.577.0345.
Abbey Rivadelo is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200), Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) and the Co-Director of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio. Originally trained in the Ashtanga Vinyasa style, Abbey has since studied and learned other yoga styles and traditions—and even other movement genres—out of her belief that yoga's transformational power is best unleashed when it's tailored to the unique preferences and needs of the individual practitioner. Abbey studied Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Clayton Horton, Editha Tobias and Jovan Nikolic and Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga with Michelle Papa and Samantha Briatico. She takes inspiration from the work of Donna Farhi, Sadie Nardini and Shiva Rea. Abbey is well-known for her serene, nurturing and light-hearted approach to yoga and her focus on its more subtle emotional and energetic benefits.