Yoga History and Philosophy Intensive
200H TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM/CONTINUING EDUCATION MODULE
SEPTEMBER 21 AND 22, 2019
Thursday and Saturday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
MODULE FEE: PHP 15,000.00
The Yoga History and Philosophy module is a weekend intensive designed for participants who wish to be grounded in a basic understanding of yoga history, philosophy, traditions and ethics and who wish to understand the figures and forces that have shaped and continue to shape yoga today. The intensive is open to:
- practitioners who simply wish to deepen their practice with a broader understanding of the history and philosophy of yoga;
- practitioners who wish to complete a 200 hour yoga teacher training program in a flexible way; and
- yoga teachers who wish to build on their previous training and expand their knowledge through continuing education.
The module can be taken as an independent course or can be taken as part of a series of modules that builds up to a full 200 hour yoga teacher training program. By the end of the module, participants will:
- be familiar with the broad history of yoga from ancient to contemporary times;
- be familiar with the major philosophical frameworks underlying the contemporary practice of yoga;
- be familiar with the different yoga styles and traditions and what each offers to the modern practitioner;
- be familiar with the ethical principles that underlie yoga as a practice and philosophy; and
- understand the facts, figures, institutions and trends that have shaped and that continue to shape yoga today.
The module’s tuition fee covers both the course materials and diploma. For questions or reservations, contact our Front Desk at +632.577.0345 or at +63917.577.0345.
ABOUT THE TEACHERS:
Eileen Tupaz is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT500) and the Co-Director of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio. Originally trained in the Ashtanga Vinyasa style, Eileen has since immersed herself in other styles and traditions out of her love for yoga and her belief that the practice becomes truly transformative when it's tailored to the singular needs of the individual practitioner. Eileen studied Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Clayton Horton, Editha Tobias, Jovan Nikolic, Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor; Purna Yoga with John Ogilvie and Michael Nazar; Older Adult and Restorative Yoga with Leslie Kazadi; Yin Yoga with Victor Chng; Partner and Community Yoga with Ieva Wildlovebeamer; and anatomy with Dr. Ray Long. Eileen is well-known for her clear, systematic and often irreverent teaching style and her ability to convey abstract, complex or technical knowledge in a lucid and accessible manner.
Abbey Rivadelo is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200), Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) and the Co-Director of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio. Also originally trained in the Ashtanga Vinyasa style, Abbey has since studied and learned other yoga styles and traditions—and even other movement genres—out of her belief that yoga's transformational power is best unleashed when it's tailored to the unique preferences of the individual practitioner. Abbey studied Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Clayton Horton, Editha Tobias and Jovan Nikolic and Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga with Michelle Papa and Samantha Briatico. She takes inspiration from the work of Donna Farhi, Sadie Nardini and Shiva Rea. Abbey is well-known for her serene, nurturing and light-hearted approach to yoga and her focus on its more subtle emotional and energetic benefits.