Arm Balances and Inversions Intensive
200H TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM/CONTINUING EDUCATION MODULE
ARM BALANCES AND INVERSIONS: TAKING FLIGHT
AUGUST 24 AND 25, 2019
Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
MODULE FEE: PHP15,000.00
The Arm Balances and Inversions module is a weekend intensive designed to give participants a thorough understanding of the major arm balancing and inverted yogasanas. Intended to be accessible to participants of all levels, the intensive is open to:
- practitioners who simply wish to deepen their understanding and practice of the major arm balancing and inverted poses;
- practitioners who wish to complete a 200 hour yoga teacher training program in a flexible way; and
- yoga teachers who wish to build on their previous training and expand their knowledge through continuing education.
The module can be taken as an independent course or can be taken as part of a series of modules that builds up to a full 200 hour yoga teacher training program. By the end of the module, participants will:
- know and be able to embody correct alignment in the major arm balancing and inverted poses;
- be able to safely and effectively enter, hold, exit and modify the major arm balancing and inverted poses in accordance with various abilities and needs; and
- know the corrections, adjustments, assists and prop use appropriate for the major back arm balancing and inverted poses.
The module’s tuition fee covers both the course materials and diploma. For questions or reservations, contact our Front Desk at +632.577.0345 or at +63917.577.0345.
ABOUT THE TEACHERS:
Eileen Tupaz is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT500) and the Co-Director of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio. Originally trained in the Ashtanga Vinyasa style, Eileen has since immersed herself in other styles and traditions out of her love for yoga and her belief that the practice becomes truly transformative when it's tailored to the singular needs of the individual practitioner. Eileen studied Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Clayton Horton, Editha Tobias, Jovan Nikolic, Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor; Purna Yoga with John Ogilvie and Michael Nazar; Older Adult and Restorative Yoga with Leslie Kazadi; Yin Yoga with Victor Chng; Partner and Community Yoga with Ieva Wildlovebeamer; and anatomy with Dr. Ray Long. Eileen is well-known for her clear, systematic and often irreverent teaching style and her ability to convey abstract, complex or technical knowledge in a lucid and accessible manner.
Abbey Rivadelo is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200), Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) and the Co-Director of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio. Also originally trained in the Ashtanga Vinyasa style, Abbey has since studied and learned other yoga styles and traditions—and even other movement genres—out of her belief that yoga's transformational power is best unleashed when it's tailored to the unique preferences of the individual practitioner. Abbey studied Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Clayton Horton, Editha Tobias and Jovan Nikolic and Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga with Michelle Papa and Samantha Briatico. She takes inspiration from the work of Donna Farhi, Sadie Nardini and Shiva Rea. Abbey is well-known for her serene, nurturing and light-hearted approach to yoga and her focus on its more subtle emotional and energetic benefits.